Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Godfather Eggs

We had eggs called Godfather Eggs at a restaurant in Denver while staying with Michael's parents. He loved them and I kind of looked at him like um tomato sauce on eggs? It didn't sound appetizing to me at all. But I ended up trying them and oh they were so good. So here at home I have make them every now and then (especially after we have had pasta or pizza since I have left over tomato sauce or Italian sausage.

Godfather Eggs
scrambled eggs
browned ground Italian sausage (I use turkey Italian sausage)
tomato sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh chopped basil (optional)

Take scrambled eggs and then just put the layers on top of them first the sausage, then the tomato sauce and cheese. You can top with some basil even though I didn't have any when I took this picture.

No comments: