Saturday, November 18, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies Part 2


(picture taken by Michael for me! Isn't it good...with the reflection?)

Okay she did it again....a great recipe from The Adventures of Super Wife. Only thing I had to do different...was use a 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour as I ran out of all purpose flour. But they still turned out great! These are the best chocolate chip cookies!

I have never been able to make a puffy cookie here in the altitude. They melt into flat crispy cookies instead of soft round cookies. But look...




The recipe:
2 1/2 cups flour (again I used 1/2 cup of whole wheat only because I ran out but they turned GREAT!)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 package instant pudding mix (I used vanilla but as you can see over on The AoSW that you can use other flavors)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In one bowl, whisk flour and baking soda and set aside. In a larger bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Blend in the pudding mix until smooth, then the vanilla and eggs. Slowly work the flour mixture in. Finally, add chocolate chips.

Make them into little balls and drop them onto your cookie sheet. You can flatten them a little though, because these don't spread very much. But I really wanted puffy cookies so I didn't flatten many of them. Even flattening them it still made pretty puffy cookies. They keep their size and shape really well. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aren't they AMAZING? i always feel like the star of the show when i take these places. i'm the first one to volunteer to bring the cookies now ;)