Thursday, November 02, 2006

Breakfast Burritos

Michael's parents were here for a few days and his Dad is always trying out breakfast burritos at restaurants so I decided to make them for him. I made his Mom's mild and then the rest of ours with a little more kick. I don't follow a recipe or ever write down what I do. So here is just an approximate...
I made 14 burritos (leftovers frozen to zap in microwave for breakfast). I used flour tortillas, (12 I think) eggs scrambled with some salsa in them, diced potatoes (boiled in the microwave and then fried a little bit in some olive oil), ground turkey sausage (that I seasoned with chopped, onions, garlic powder, cumin and chopped green chilies), cheddar and Monetary cheese mix, salsa and sour cream. I put a little eggs, potatoes, sausage on the tortilla wrapped them up and placed on a baking sheet. I topped them with the cheese and then baked them about 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven to warm all the way through. When warmed through, I served with salsa and sour cream on top.

No comments: