Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sour Cream Cookies

My sour cream cookies never get rounded like my Mom's and Grandma's do but I attribute it to altitude. I have played with the baking powder and cut the sugar down at times but nothing seems to give me nice rounded mounds of sour cream cookie goodness. Although these are kind of flat they still taste just as good as always. These are a cookie that I often have requests for when needing to bring a treat to a party.

Cookie:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup sour cream

Glaze:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cream or half and half
Optional: Holiday Sprinkles

Preheat Oven to 350. Mix flour, baking soda and powder in a bowl and set aside. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and extracts. Stir in sour cream. And then slowly add flour mixture until all added in. Drop cookies on a cookie sheet and bake 8 to 12 minutes. Cool.

No comments: