Tuesday, December 12, 2006

C.C. Peppermint Cookies

I guess there is this Nieman Marcus Christmas cookie that has peppermint bark in them. I have never had them but heard about them so thought why can't I make my favorite Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and add my own homemade peppermint bark. So instead of calling them by Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peppermint bark....made it easy C.C. Peppermint Cookies.

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peppermint bark - broken up into fairly small pieces (homemade or store bought)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In one bowl, whisk flour and baking soda and set aside. In a larger bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Blend in the pudding mix until smooth, then the vanilla and eggs. Slowly work the flour mixture in. Finally, add chocolate chips and peppermint bark.

Make them into little balls and drop them onto your cookie sheet. You can flatten them a little though, because these don't spread very much. But I really like puffy cookies so I don't flatten many of them. Even flattening them though they still make pretty puffy cookies. They keep their size and shape really well. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

No comments: