Sunday, September 10, 2006

Good Healthy Appetizer/Snack

I made this dip today for Michael to enjoy during the football games. There would be a picture but every time I went to take a picture of course it turned out fuzzy because it didn't know where to focus. The dip was pretty good but really for me needed more flavor. While mixing it up I did a taste test and it was a little bland, so I ended up adding some garlic to it. And that helped a lot.

I don't know where I got the original recipes as it was just saved on my hard drive as a recipe to try someday.

Bean Dip
1 can (16 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1-1/2 cups Shredded Colby & Monetary Jack Cheese, divided
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped tomato
Snack Crackers (I served with some toasted pita triangles)

  • Preheat oven to 350°F. Place beans, 1 cup of the cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and ground red pepper in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend until smooth. Stir in green onions.

  • Spread into 9-inch pie plate.

  • Bake 20 min. or until lightly golden brown. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and tomato. Serve with crackers.



  • edit: adding in this one picture that was the least fuzzy out of all 3 I took..dip with pita triangles

    No comments: