Friday, December 14, 2007

Mint Thins

I love mint flavoring but I think Michael likes it even more. So I always keep my eye out for mint recipes so that I can make him a minty treat. I have tried two different kinds of brownies but neither really was great. I saw this recipe in Kraft's Food & Family magazine (which is a free magazine by the way.) And frankly I kind of turned my nose up at them as Ritz Cracker being the base didn't sound like a good idea to me. But I have to say these were an unexpected surprise! The salt from the Ritz mixed with the mint chocolate just made it a perfect pairing.

I had quite a few people ask about them and they also just looked pretty on the trays I made up.


1 pkg. (8 squares) Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract (I used 1/2 tsp. because we like peppermint and it didn't smell like it would taste very minty)
1 sleeve RITZ Crackers (36 crackers)
1 peppermint candy cane (6 inch), crushed

Microwave chocolate in small microwaveable bowl as directed on package. Stir until completely melted. Blend in extract.

Dip crackers in melted chocolate, completely coating crackers with chocolate. Carefully scrape off excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheets; sprinkle with crushed candy.

Refrigerate 30 min. or until chocolate is firm.

No comments: