Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cornbread

When I lived in Kansas, there was this restaurant that we went to at times because they had the best cornbread (I can't remember the name of the restaurant at this moment and it will probably drive me crazy.) A friend and I frequented the place and she decided to ask them for the recipe. They said no but I remember her asking them several more times. Finally she called their main offices and they gave it to her. And this is the recipe they gave her.


1 box Jiffy Mix Cornbread Mix
1 box Jiffy Mix Yellow Cake Mix

OR

2 boxes Jiffy Mix Cornbread Mix
1 box regular yellow cake mix

Mix both boxes according to directions in a large bowl. Add all ingredients and mix. I use my kitchen aid mixer and just mix until combined. If using the Jiffy mixes - pour into a greased 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan. If you use a box of regular cake mix, use a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. And then turn down to 350 degrees F and bake until done. About 20 minutes. Test for doneness.

Eat with butter and honey and prepare to be in heaven with this cornbread. Easy and delicious!

No comments: