Monday, February 12, 2007

Shortbread Cookies

Okay these are really good and when you see how much butter is in them you will understand why they are so good. I mean straight to hips and thighs! I am going to make another batch this week as my sister's are coming into town and they were both Girl Scouts too - so I bet they will remind them of the Girl Scout Shortbread cookie.

I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com

















The Recipe:


  • 2 cups butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour



  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

    Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.

    Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll into a ball and then flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets. (I always put things on greased pans here in the altitude and did with these also.)

    Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

    No comments: